It's been a while since my last post and to be quite honest, I have simply had no desire to do it. It may be that my computer and internet are very slow, which frustrates me, or that I have just been overwhelmed by all of the things that have happened that I want to write about. Anyhow, this morning I was reading some entries from my mom's journal (thanks Beth) from when I was a young kid and I just really loved and appreciated everything that she wrote about me and my family and I want my kids to have the same thing for them. So seeing that my mom and stepmom were part of my inspiration and rededication to my blog, I may as well talk a little about mothers in this post. These pictures come from Mother's Day, back in May. It was a great Mother's Day. After church we were able to head down to Castaic to spend the evening with my parents. We had the special treat of having my Grandma Wood there as well. We also got to visit the cemetery where my mom is buried. It was a really special day. I always love a day that focuses on people who mean the most in our lives. There have been so many wonderful women in my life that I am so grateful for. I feel like I was blessed with the best mom growing up and now I have the best stepmom for the next chapter of my life. I am also very grateful to be a mom. I always say that Nina is one of the best blessings in my life and it's true. She has given my life so much meaning and has taught me so much.Here is Nina sniffing the tulips my parents sent me for Mother's Day. Gorgeous, right?


Here we are at the cemetery. For some reason Nina was just not liking the whole experience.

Nina and Grandma Beth just love each other. Beth spoils Nina rotten and pays so much attention to her. They will sit and play for hours and when we are home Nina asks about Grandma all of the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment